The Pied Piper of the TV screen is gonna make it simple
28 February 2003
because there aren't anyYea. The "liberal" media. If the media is so liberal, why are there 0(zero) nationally syndicated liberal talk radio shows? There are dozens of ultra right wing ones, and a few moderate ones. No liberal ones though. There are plenty of conservatives on the national news broadcasts and cable. And a fair number of moderates. No liberals. There are dozens and dozens of conservative national Op-Ed columnists, and fewer than a dozen liberals. The top papers in the country are overwhelmingly conservative or moderate (NYT, WSJ, WaPo, LAT, etc).
Some links of interest. Note that even the moderates at places like WaPo are starting to admit the rightward tilt of the media (up until very recently, the "liberal media" was most often touted as fact by such "liberal" media as the NYT and WaPo along with the solidly conservative and proud of it WSJ):
- The most biased name in news
- The illiberal media
- The Myth of the Liberal Media
- Examing the Liberal Media claim
- The rightward drift
- Naked Emperor
- The Swarm of the Right
- Make them accountable
- Western Herald
- The Media Bias Myth
- The myth of the conservative media -note, this one is interesting in that he posits the theory that media is biased towards power, but refuses to discuss who has that power.
- Liberal media, or liberal public?